BONES, INSIDE AND OUT: A lively, illustrated exploration of the 500-million-year history of bone, a touchstone for understanding vertebrate life and human culture.
Enhance your understanding of how bones grow and heal. Advocate for your patients.
- HARDCOPY Purchase a hardcopy of BONES online at WW Norton Amazon Apple Books Barnes and Noble Books-a-Million Bookshop Hudson IndieBound Target Walmart
- Register for the course
- Read the first half, BONES CONCEALED (145 pages), which is relevant to your practice
- Take the quiz and earn 6 hours of continuing education credit.
- If you wish, read the second half, BONES REVEALED, for general interest.
- Leave BONES in your waiting room. Patients will enjoy discussing topics with you
- Describe the unique chemical and structural nature of bone and the effects of nutrition, supplements, and medications.
- Describe how bones grow and heal and factors that can promote or diminish bone health.
- Describe medical and surgical interventions, past and present, used to treat bone disorders.
- Answer common questions regarding osteoporosis, its prevention and treatment.
- Delineate the relative merits of bone imaging techniques.
- Describe likely advances in bone health, particularly regarding the aging population.