- February 2, 2021: AUDIOBOOK copies are free to the next six registrants
- Register for the course using coupon code audiobones for a $4 discount. (If the coupon code doesn’t work, the six coupons have been used already by other registrants. In that case, you can purchase the audiobook or hardbound copy from your favorite bookseller.)
- Once we see that you have registered for the course, we will email you a promo code for you to download your free audiobook from Audiobooks.com
- Existing Audiobooks.com account holders: visit My Account to insert promo code.
- New listeners: follow these instructions
- Visit www.audiobooks.com/promo
- Input your promo code and hit “apply”
- Continue creating your free account and then hit “Start Listening”
- Download the free audiobooks.com app for Apple and Android devices
- Login and start listening. Your audiobook will be waiting in the My Books section.
BONES, INSIDE AND OUT: A lively, illustrated exploration of the 500-million-year history of bone, a touchstone for understanding vertebrate life and human culture.
Enhance your understanding of how bones grow and heal. Advocate for your patients.
- HARDCOPY Purchase a hardcopy of BONES online at WW Norton Amazon Apple Books Barnes and Noble Books-a-Million Bookshop Hudson IndieBound Target Walmart
- Register for the course
- Read the first half, BONES CONCEALED (145 pages), which is relevant to your practice
- Take the quiz and earn 6 hours of continuing education credit.
- If you wish, read the second half, BONES REVEALED, for general interest.
- Leave BONES in your waiting room. Patients will enjoy discussing topics with you
- Describe the unique chemical and structural nature of bone and the effects of nutrition, supplements, and medications.
- Describe how bones grow and heal and factors that can promote or diminish bone health.
- Describe medical and surgical interventions, past and present, used to treat bone disorders.
- Answer common questions regarding osteoporosis, its prevention and treatment.
- Delineate the relative merits of bone imaging techniques.
- Describe likely advances in bone health, particularly regarding the aging population.